Friday, March 18, 2011

im from UUUHMERIKA

yesterday. was. st patricks day. 
IN DUBLIN IRELAND.
yeah, it was kind of a big deal.

i spent $400, again FOUR HUNDRED dollars in the past week. i swear i was robbed. i dont remember spending that much. i woke up this morning with shamrock tattoos on my face, my hair could get me drunk if i smelled it and/or be considered flammable, i have the worse headache of my life, and im lovin every minute of it. i have eaten fish and chips, taken more cabs to more clubs/pubs, and had more beer in the last week than i have all year. this is the first real weekend that im actually IN the country. we always travel! it has made me realize that i dont really have that many friends here, and its because we had to choose between traveling everywhere or staying here and partying with everyone all the time. its a little saddening =[ price i pay i guess. 
anywho, on wednesday night we went to a club called diceys. its pretty common  to go there, ITS HUGE and they offer awesome international discounts. it was jam packed. i had a blast. the lady insisted on a "bag check" as soon as i got in, which is something they have never done. i had about 2 mixed drinks in there. shes like "im gonna hafta take this" in her manly voice and i was like, "ok butch, take my snapple" apparently it was a big deal because i kept repeating how upset i was all night long. we took a cab there, but instead of taking one back we walked. i have no cute heels here that i can walk in, so i have to wear my heeled boots all the time. not a fan =/ 
the next morning i was dying and i swore id never drink again. but i sobered up somewhat by the time the parade and the hurling/gaelic football match rolled around. our seats were AWESOME! i had a blast there. i swear, genevieve just snaps her fingers and makes everything perfect. i love that woman, shes amazing. i may or may not have had a burger from a vendor because i was dying, and hot dog at the game (jake got us one, hes so sweet!) AND a green slushy that conveniently turned my mouth a festive color. then i ate fish and chips and a pub. i have ruined my diet. we drank at a pub after the games. i paid way too much money for food and of course way too much for drinks. then, we came home, got ready, and st patricks day began. we pregamed and went out. i few half decent looking men were talking to me. he said where are you from and when i said the US i got the classic response of "haa, of course, but where in" i just say chicago because no one knows anything else in the states. i then tell everyone that ive been here since january. usually, they are surprised, but then believe me. this guy last night refused to believe me! lol i had to show him my student ID before he realized i wasnt a tourist. its actually kind of annoying after a while. but over all, the night was a great success [said in borat accent] we got back, jess paid me 13 cents for the cab [thanks jess] and we went upstairs. jake bought a frozen pizza and i loaded with veggies, because we have to get our 5 a day somehow! drunkenly works.so since i raged the last two days i have to be a shut-in today and do all my homework. my friend is here from back home, she came to see another friend of mine and i was just a perk in the whole deal :P, so i need to spend time with her also. i cant wait to go home! apparently, i had a 30 minute convo with my parents last night. if they had time to talk with me, that means they weren't as busy as they had hoped =/ sad. i hope they made some moneys tho. the whole conversation is patchy. also apparently, i stole a bracelet and a scarf. also apparently, i took all my clothes off and somehow got into jakes shirt and boxers. and apparently, i made new friends in ireland last night. we've got to start planning amsterdam/brussels, and im saving my appetite for some brownies. ima go try and get all the booze and green off of me, get some lunch with my favorite bunny, and try to be a student for a few hours.

i have 29 days left






1 comment:

  1. JEEAAALLLOOUUUSS!! I used to want to go to Ireland more than ANYTHING! Now I have my heart set on Austria.. not sure why, we'll see.. LIVE IT UP RICE!

    ReplyDelete