Thursday, February 10, 2011

done with week 5!

week 5 is done as of an hour ago! i just back from doing a little shopping. dont tell my budget that i bought two ADORABLE dress and a pair of aviators. something to wear if its warm in barcelona! i just got back from my volunteer thing; im actually more like an intern, like i do all the kind of bitch/office work, but i can kind of come and go as i please which is SO NICE. its actually very difficult to be on a schedule here. but i've actually done productive things in the few hours ive spent there. i end up going 6-10 hours a week, so sort of like a part time internship. on tuesday i made a flyer on publisher, and i secretly uploaded it to googledocs so i could have it for a portfolio. its nothing special, just a super quick document, but its something! today i made a fb page for the Special Olympics "Cycle" (just what they call a bike tour) through Nice, France. the link is http://www.facebook.com/pages/Velocite/171098972935703?v=wall. i felt all productive. go "like" it! i still have to edit alot of it, thats just what i did in an hour and a half. i also edited some of their ebay page. TOLD YOU PEOPLE THIS SHIT WOULD COME IN HANDY. lol! its called "social networking skills" haaa. but anywho i also bought socks, for some reason my are gone. every. single. pair. are gone. ive been wearing jakes socks for the last couple days. clean ones every day, dont worry. 
jakes making din din right now, BURGERS with lettuce, tomato, mushroom, onion, avocado, and bacon. BACON. NOMNOM. and you know healthy me, im going to steam some veggies to eat on the side.

 im getting so excited for our eurotrip. turns out, barcelona is trying to become their own like, sovereign nation sort of thing, and they no longer speak spanish. i mean the locals do, and if they know you're a foreigner theyll address you in spanish, but bus announcements andthe like will all be in catana or katana or some shit. THAT WAS THE ONLY LANGUAGE I KNEW. we might be in trouble. also, since barcelona is the pickpocket capital of the world, we have to be SUPER careful. i must admit, im a little scared. so much is going down in world news; its really difficult to not get caught up and depressed because of it. the lack of sunlight doesnt help.

There was sunlight today however! (THANK GOD). i got to walk in it when i went for about an hour walk with phoebe (underwood) to find the stupidestly (i know thats not a word) placed post office EVER for a tiny package. shes lucky i like her :p. its ok tho, i got me outside and in the sunshine. i've been in such a great mood lately. that is, while i keep my mind off how much i miss home and my beautiful BUD girls. i never really thought that i would miss them/school/BUD/burke/lina&kelly this much. and my family. who knew i actually secretly liked those people. PSH. :P
i actually really miss working too. i miss that security of an income. its kind of scary knowing that i have a limited amount of funds and if its gone, its gone and im screwed. i really wish i could go out and party with everyone here, but i just cant afford it. *le sigh*
im probably going to be posting about the volunteer thing alot; its kind of my way of keeping a log of it all for when it comes time for resume updating. heres some quick pics, theres def a TON more on fb.














i love you all!

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry about Barcelona. Catalonia has been trying to become it's own country for decades, and yeah, most of them may be native Catalan speakers, but everyone there speaks English, anyway. Really. It's kind of ridiculous. The biggest problem travelling there is that if you want coffee and ask for cafe, you'll get espresso, which is not necessarily a problem in my book. When I was in Aix in southern France, my wallet got stolen out of my purse while I was waiting for a crepe and wasn't paying attention. I blame myself, and I can only hope that whoever has my wallet spent my cash wisely. Thankfully it was my second to last day there and my brother was there to pay for everything. Yeah, so I advise carrying as little in your wallet as possible and as much in your bra as possible.

    Have fun on your Eurotrip! *is jealous, no matter what you say about me having already been there blah blah blah*

    ~Ashley

    ReplyDelete