Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The Night Before Leaving

hi errbody! so this blog is mainly for me so i can keep like a diary of everything that happened so i dont forget, but its cool if you read my inner secrets ;) ANYwho, tonight is the wee hours of the 5th of january...its about 3am, 3:04 to be exact. im still at home for now....FOR NOW!!! my family is actually leaving at about 6am because i fly out of ohare (chicago) at 7pm, but my fmaily has to be back in marinette, wisconsin by 5pm. they own a bar and my dad has to shoot pool and my mom works. so early morning tomorrow....i dont plan on sleeping. i took a 5 hour energy at about 10 pm and a nap at like 1pm...im good! im hoping ill sleep on the plane. im ok with flying, but i still get a little nervous at take-off and landing. im FUH-REEZING in my house; i can only imagine how cold ill be in the nearly unheated, "environmentally friendly" apartments ill be in in Dublin. i saw who my roommate(s) were today in an email, i only saw the name of one. shes either from Cameroon or North Carolina....lol, one of the two. it took me literally three days to pack, but i think it all fits! my bags weigh 48lbs and 42lbs....if our scale is right. hope so! im watching mean girls and reorganizing everything in my head to make sure i have everything. im sure jake will tell me if im missing anything. jake is my bf, my devastatingly handsome and oh-so sweet teddy bear ^_^. i call him bunny. or bun buns. or bunny-lover. its so weird i know. we'll see how the international community takes to the name calling and mar-mar noises. we may have to stop until we come back. im so nervous! im kinda freaking out but not really but still sort of. lol.  on the way down im either going to sleep or write thank-you cards from the going away party i had. hopefully ill be doing a combo of both. ive never had a blog before, so we'll see how good i am at keeping up with this. we'll also see how good my budgeting skills are while im abroad...i have it down to 100E a week. if i dont spend that it can roll-over, or i can save it to travel later! mark, matt, and jacky ("the boys") are in rome, alyssa yakel is in florence, logan is in manchester, and a bunch of people are a bunch of places....so im thinkin we're just jumping from country to country. we'll also be testing my skills at being calm and handling the fact that i wont really have a million things to do like i do here. i mean im sure i'll be busy, just a different kind of busy...like do what i want busy. i miss everyone already; angelina, audra, carly, danielle, my sisters, all my BUD ladies,  and a few miscellaneous boys...lol :P i hope everyone keeps in touch! my skype screen name is marissamarie25, so if anyone wants to add me in, go for it! i just made one for my parents today...ill be so proud if they figure it out. anyway, thats all for tonight, im going to go find something else to keep me away from the next 3 hours or so. thanks for reading! <3http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1640026235163&set=a.1518176188988.72622.1072001883#!/profile.php?id=1072001883

No comments:

Post a Comment